Notice of Election
- An Election is to be held of a Mayor for the West of England Combined Authority area.
- Forms of nomination for this Mayoral Election may be obtained at 5th Floor, B Bond, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN from the Combined Authority Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
- Nomination papers must be delivered to the Combined Authority Returning Officer, 5th Floor, B Bond, Smeaton Road, Bristol, BS1 6XN on any day after the date of this notice, on Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (excluding bank holidays), but no later than 4 pm on Tuesday, 4th April 2017.
- The required deposit may be made either by (a) the deposit of any legal tender or by (b) means of a banker’s draft or by (c) electronic transfer of funds using a debit card.
- If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 4th May 2017.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday, 18th April 2017.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the relevant Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Thursday, 4th May 2017. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017.
To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Tuesday, 25th April 2017.
Electoral Registration Officer’s Contact Details
Address: Electoral Registration Officer, Bath & North East Somerset Council, Guildhall, High Street, Bath, BA1 5AW
Telephone: 01225 477333