Bath & North East Somerset Council, along with Bristol and South Gloucestershire councils, have decided to move forward with a £1 billion devolution deal from Government.
The Mayoral Combined Authority (MCA) would manage new powers, funding and responsibilities that would be handed from central Government to the region as part of the deal. As a result, more decisions could be made locally, rather than nationally, about spending on regional transport, housing, adult education and skills.
The consultation will run from Monday 4 July 2016 until 15 August 2016 and is being run jointly by Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, and South Gloucestershire councils – meaning residents from all three geographic areas will be invited to take part.
How to have your say:
- Online: www.westofenglanddevolution.co.uk
- Paper copies of the survey will be available from local libraries, Customer Service Points and One Stop Shops from 14 July – or by calling 0117 922 2848.
- Other formats such as braille are also available by calling 0117 922 2848.
- An audio version is available now on the website above.
There will also be a number of ‘roadshow’ events held throughout the area at which residents can find out more and give their feedback:
- Tuesday 19th July, 4.00-6.00pm – Kaposvar Room, The Guildhall, Bath
- Saturday 13th August, Drop in (11-4pm) – Old Bond Street / Milsom Street Junction , Bath City Centre